Thursday, June 19, 2008

A day in my flip flops

Life here is crazy-busy-fast and I am too tired to post something more profound than this.
I thought you might want to follow along on a day in my flip flops.
2:00 am* Wake up from a half-way descent sleep. Do a kid check, turn off tv's, cover up sleeping boys. Get a drink.
2:22 am* still awake. Turn on CNN news
3:00 am* go to the bathroom. still awake.
fall back asleep
5:00am* Hear Tatumn crying in her room. Trudge down hall to get her and lay her on pallet. Turn off my tv.
5:55 am* wake up and remember Tucker is coming home early.
6:11am* Wake up to knocking on our front door. Tucker is home. Remember my dad's Father Day treat in our fridge. Trudge through dining room to kitchen to retrieve dad's treat in fridge. Kiss my daddy good-bye and wish him a good day.
6:14 am* Get Tucker a blanket and pillow and make him a pallet on Kip's side of bed. Turn tv back on for Tucker and try and fall asleep.
7:21 am* Wake up to Tanner giving me a kiss and whispering Good Morning because his siblings were still sleeping.
7:40 am* Kiss Tanner and Kip goodbye for the day. Tell Tanner I will not be late picking him from summer school. Make a half-hearted promise to Kip for some quality time tonight.
7:41 am*Get ready for the gym.
7:55 am* Get Tatumn ready for the gym. Outfit, pigtails, blankie, and bottle.
8:04 am* Drop off Taylor and his friend Dalton at Football camp. Whisper a quick prayer that they got to join the team as they were running out so they were not counted late because of me. Because on Tuesday, they were. And they had to run. Sorry guys. Dalton likes to spend the night with us. So, he has become my 5th child this summer. He thinks he is my favorite. Some days, he is.
8:14 am* Arrive at the gym and sit in my van putting my shoes on and worship the Lord with Nicole C. Mullins ' Redeemer.
8:20 am* sign Tatumn in to Child Watch. Remind teachers that she will need to go potty....very soon.
8:22 am* Chat with a friend until fitness equipment becomes available. Get on the killer equipment and try to have an intelligent conversation with friend.
Funny, she doesn't have any trouble chatting and/or breathing.
9:01 am* Do weight workout. Try to do new ab workout but everybody in the tri-county area was attempting the same workout.
9:17 am* skip ab routine.
9:20 am* sigh Tatumn out of Child watch. Attempt to leave gym at my speed. End up walking out at a snails pace.
9:27 am* Taylor calls wondering where I am
9:33 am* Pick up selfish teenager from football practice.
9:44 am* Enjoy watermelon breakfast with my two little people. Selfish teenager eats by himself.
10:00-11:20 am* CLEAN HOUSE. Selfish teenager is put to work and redeems himself. The 2 little people play. The mam sweeps, wipes down, bleaches, makes beds, picks up pallets, puts away laundry, puts up clean dishes, loads dishwasher with dirty dishes.
Needs to take a shower but runs out of time because I remember I need to get Tanner with out being late.
11:21 am* Try and get Tatumn to go potty. #2. She refuses.
11:35 am* Remember bridge work and road closures and take VERY LONG DETOUR to get Tanner.
11:46 am* Tanner calls asking where I am .
11:50* Pick up Tanner late.
11:56* Tanner closes Tucker's arm in door. Drama ensues.
12:00- 12:15* Tanner wolfs down lunch. Chat with friend who is taking my two big boys to work on a rehab home. Pack water and gloves and kiss good-bye.
12:16* Tatumn looses her mind. And self-control. Pool plans get rearranged to nap plans.
12:17* Check Tucker's arm.....again. And reassure him we do not need to go to the er. Readjust ice and try and kiss away the pain......and the drama.
12:30* Put Tatumn down for a nap.
12:31*Lay down with injured little man and watch a movie.
1:55* Wake up to ringing phone. It's hubby.
2:06* Wake up again to ringing phone. It's the boys wondering why I didn't answer the door. Busted.
2:10* Finally jump in shower!
2:12* Sign Tanner up for a baby sitting job. He needs to be there in 5 minutes.
2:30* Wake up sleeping Tatumn so we can take Taylor to friends house. He is going to the lake until Sunday. He tells me on the way there he "thinks he might miss me a little." I know he meant it as an endearment.
2:32* Stop at Sonic for Happy Hour Half Price Drinks. So, does half of the tri-county residents.
2:59* Arrive at friends house and kiss Taylor good-bye.
2:59* Tanner calls wondering where I am. Hangs up on me because he has to sit and wait for me to get home.
3:00* Call Tanner back and tell him to NEVER hang up on me again. Want to hang up on selfish little middle man but choose to listen to the Father and tell him "i love him" instead.
3:30* Arrive home. Tatumn is still way grouchy. Need to vacuum and get dinner started. Then head to the pool.
4:00* Realize we are under a T-Storm warning and tell children pool plans are canceled.
4:14* Threaten violence if children do not stop whining about the change in plans.
4:15* ask for forgiveness
4:16* Start dinner. Remember that I need to make dinner for neighbors. Double up ingredients.
5:07* Hubby gets home.
5:10* Children ask their daddy to take them to the library. Hubby wonders aloud what they did the 9 hours he was gone and why they didn't go to the library during the day.
5:11* Give husband the "look"
5:11:30* Husband takes children to the library.
5:55* Get dinner to neighbors
6:00* Sit down to dinner with family.
6:30* get tired on waiting for Tatumn to finish eating. clean kitchen.
6:40* Give Tatumn a bath.
6:41* Tanner and Tucker duke it out with a rock/paper/scissors contest to see who gets to take their bath with tatumn.
6:42* Tucker gets in tub.
6:45* Get Tatumn out. Tucker adds more water and settles in with his new library book.
7:30* I get on the computer and try to veg for a moment.
7:33* Pray for bedtime to come quickly.


Hugs, Steph

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I love love love this post :)

Thanks for keeping it real sister-friend :)

I am super impressed that you made it to the gym!!! GO YOU!

...and the "threatening violence" HA! Been there today.

Hope you are sleeping right now ;)

The Landes Family said...

Wow, have you been in my house. This is my life every day. I am glad someone else has days like I do. I love the latest post about injuries. The drama the kids draw up. Enjoy your summer. I am right there with you sister.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

what a fun post! I will have to try this sometime!