Sunday, July 6, 2008

Freedom!


Our 4th of July was filled with the people we love most, swimming, lots of food, and fireworks.


The Massey family came over for our 2nd annual 4th of July brunch. Love those people with my whole heart. We have walked through so many seasons of life together, the good and the bad, the pretty ones and the ones not-so-pretty ones. We endured a 30 hour plane ride to China, climbed the Great Wall and survived. We have celebrated and lamented together. Laughed and cried. Prayed and interceded. This group of 6 is more family than friend. We absolutely love them.


We then headed down South to Kips parents house. The kids swam and played until their strength was zapped. Only to find renewal when it was time to set things on fire. My bigger boys could be pyro's And the littlest boy one sticks around until he gets burned and then the fun is ruined. Bless his heart.


Tatumn and Lexi (niece) had a blast playing in the girl pool. They poured and splashed their hearts out. I would love to share pictures but I forgot my camera. Even though it was sitting out with a sticky note saying "Do Not Forget!" As soon as I get pictures from my s-i-l I will post them!


Our family of 6 had a great weekend! We hope you did too!
The picture is of Tatumn and her very best friend Myer. To know more about Myer's story, check out www.carepages.com and then click on Myer.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girls!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I can just feel the love your families share from your experience together!

I know I say it every time, but she is just so cute! Give her a big kiss from your bloggy friend, Sarah :)

Sarah M. said...

So great to catch up on your family! I enjoy your blog!

Ally Massey said...

Steph

I had a few moments this morning before the kids woke up...I know weird!! Read your blog...smiled at those sweet faces on the screen. I just realized the other day how many pictures we have of the girls together from the very start of our adventure. They have changed so much. They have become little girls instead of tiny babies in such a short time. What a tremendous blessing to share the time with you raising all of our little ones for the Lord. Only He knew how good it was going to be and only He knew how hard it was going to be. Gratefully, Jesus is big enough to cover us all!!!

Love you much my friend.
Ally