Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Finishing Strong

Tanner's baseball season is now finished. Finally. Did I just say that OUTLOUD? Now, don't get me wrong. I love watching, supporting, cheering my kids on in sports. But with all the rain out games, this season lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
It couldn't have ended on a better game. Tanner knocked in the tying run! Yippee. He actually had a hitting lesson that afternoon because he was struggling with his bat. So, when he got up with one run down, a man in scoring position, and 2 outs, my heart was beating so fast and my nerves were fried! But he hit him in! The team lost in extra innings but they played their hearts out and played with integrity! Seriously, what more could you ask for?
Our family motto is "Finish Strong". God spoke it into my heart one crazy afternoon when I was battling the enemy over my children (2 big boys) and I felt the still, small voice of the Lord ask me "can you finish strong?" Immediately, I said "yes, Father." Came home and told the boys "to stop packing for military school, I overreacted!" Oh, I kid! (kinda) But we had a family meeting and surrendered to God's leading. We have been a better family unit since. All to the Glory of God. Tonight in kick-boxing, Libby( our fearless, high-kicking, strong-as-an-ox teacher) encouraged us to "finish strong" so I kicked harder and punched faster because my kids have had to do it in tough times so I better, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: