Wednesday, July 9, 2008

East and West

Clara came to meet Tatumn at the airport. Such a devoted friend. The girls have been great friends ever since. They couldn't look more different, though. SO, I have dubbed them East and West. Tatumn gets really brown in Summer and Clara stays fair skinned. Tate's cocoa brown hair is short and barely there and Clara blond curly locks are everywhere! They both love to play babies and in the kitchen! They have squeals that sound like fireworks!
Clara and her mommy and daddy ( and baby Madeline) are our neighbors. We met them one day while they were on a walk and were so excited to tell us they were expecting their first baby. We were in the process of adopting Tatumn and made plans for the girls to be friends. We had no idea how close in age the girls would be. Because China slowed down with referrals Tatumn and Clara are only 4 months apart.
One day, Terri (the momma) and I went on own of our many walks and I was pouring my heart out to her about a deep wounding that had come that week. I was explaining to her the importance of this particular woman in my life who was walking me through it. This lady is like my spiritual mama. She loves me deeply, speaks the truth in love to me, encourages and challenges me to grow in Christ. Her husband is the same to Kip. They also go hunting. Deep. As I was telling her about what Bob and Libby represent in our lives she stopped me and said "that is how we feel about you and Kip." I remember at that moment realizing we were the official "older" couple. And that this relationship was very important to the Lord.
The other day I got to go to a very rare girls lunch date. My sweet friends Wendy and Melissa invited me to a very chic' Tea Room and Terri babysat Tatumn for me. The boys decided to go too. Because they have the NEW Guitar Hero! Remember they are a younger, hipper, cooler couple. With a HUGE FLAT SCREEN TV. (Our boys are neglected. Pray for them)
So here are East and West playing their hearts out! I love the pic of them by the window. (waiting for me.......I was late. Who could blame me?! Lunch was fabulous. The fellowship truly blessed this weary mom's spirit! And bless Wendy's heart she paid for ALL of it! Kisses!)

No comments: