Monday, July 28, 2008

All together again

Last night I got the call.....2 calls actually. One from my biggest boy, FirstBorn, who told me he was coming home from a weekend with my parents. He left on Friday in a little bit of a huff on both sides, so I was looking forward to hugging his neck and telling him I was sorry for being a hormone-imbalanced mother. I probably wouldn't have told him about the hormone part. He's only 14, and that comment alone would cause years of therapy. On top of the ones we've probably already created because he is after all the first-born.
The second call came right after the first. From my middle son. Now, this particular boy has been away at the other grandparents for 11 days. We saw him on day 2 of Nature Boy Vacation Dreams are made of Sabbatical but have only had very short phone calls since then. I was a little leery when I heard his gruff (love that voice) voice tell me he was coming home the next morning because it didn't fulfill his 2 week quota. I asked with much trepidation if he was ready to come home and he...said...yes. Shew.
So, this morning, BRIGHT AND EARLY, our family unit of 6 was back together. It just felt so right. So peaceful. So very good.
They both had stories to tell, pictures for proof, goodies to share and memories made. It was good for both of them to be the "only" if even for a short weekend.
But now my van will be super packed as we head to the gym, the grocery, the pool, and most especially at the dinner table. All 6 spots will be filled. Ahhh.
Now, tomorrow if there is a hormone-induced post about needing a vacation, redecorating the house, and buying something in a impulse moment that bottomed out our savings, please do not judge.

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Makes me want to sing "So happy together!" :)

Enjoy enjoy enjoy...and if the hormones cause craziness, no judgement here ;)

Tina said...

that's so funny. I can relate. :)