Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Breathe






Two years ago our lives were altered in a pretty dramatic fashion. It was all God's will and I learned to walk in the victory of that moment. The key phrase was learned. It wasn't something that was easy. It took a lot of tears, fears, and faith to get there. And in true honesty, there are days that I still have to fight hard to find the victory. I replay God's promises all day to myself, and to Him.

I went through the last 2 years though holding my breath. Every month that our mortgage was due I held my breath that our account held enough money to cover it. When school supplies and school clothes were needed again, I found myself holding my breath. Doctor visits, again with a sucked in breath. Every phone call and visit with our precious friends the Massey's was accomplished with a breath caught between inhale and exhale.

I didn't intentionally start doing this. It was more of a self perseverance. I am not sure if I was waiting for "the other shoe to fall". I don't believe that line of bull and am thankful that our God is not a god of superstition. But somehow this was a defense for me.

On Leap Day, I felt the Spirit of God ask me to breathe. It WAS LIKE he whispered to my heart, "Exhale." As I did I felt a peace wash over me and fill my lungs with a fresh breath.

We took the kids to dinner that night, which is a BIG treat for us and just celebrated Gods Faithfulness. A Faithfulness that carried a family of 5 all the way to China to make it a family of 6. Brought us a children's Hospital with a broken heart but allowed us to leave with a renewed Spirit. A faithfulness that led a devoted husband and dad to step out in faith into a new career. A faithfulness that allowed this same man to find a new definition for success. A faithfulness that sings over this family with shouts of great joy. And the same One who quieted our fears, taught us to breath again because of His great Love.

No comments: