Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Glorious morning!






Our first nudge into morning happened at 6:15 AM. Soft music began drifitng into my sleepy head, gently waking up a very tired body. Then as I began to come to my senses, I realized I had not opened my eyes ALL NIGHT LONG! Which is a very BIG deal! And then I began to feel for the little Asain darling that is my bed companion, only to run my arm across a stranger. My husband! There was a canyon between us that was EMPTY! As my brain began to evaluate the situation and my heart began to beat faster I was able to put this thought together!

TATUMN SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE NIGHT IN HER OWN BED!

I cannot remeber the last time this happened. She has begun sleeping better in her big girl bed. But not all night. In fact the last couple of nights before this, she never even made it out of our bed. She fell asleep there and woke up in the same spot. Well, not really the same spot. She flipped and flopped her way throught the night and woke up still in the middle of 2 very weary parents. One was WAY more weary than the other. I will give you a dollar if you can guess which one! :)

Lamentaions 3 tells us that God's faithfullness is Great and His mercies are renewed every morning and it really and truly is! I almost found myself skipping down the stairs this morning to get my morning jolt of caffeine with an added shot of Creme' Brule creamer! I am fasting from my Sweet tea, not my morning coffee! So, maybe today since I am rested up from almost 9 hours of sleep, I won't miss my afternoon pick-me-up!

Here are some pictures of Tatumn's newly made over room! We are waiting on a quilt until she sleeps in there all the time. She is a spicey Hunan girl who doesn't feel the need to cover up, so really the quilt is for decoration. And right now the budget doesn't have an added line from Pottery Barn Kids. Dang it! The paint job was all done by her adoring daddy! Didn't he do a good job?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

YEAH TATUMN!! I love your room and I promise a mommy who sleeps all night is a happy mommy! My mommy says in these pictures she thinks we are starting to look more and more alike! Love you, from Sage