Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet Sounds....

just came from my pantry.

Middle boy, Tanner Owen, is busy helping clean up from dinner and getting a Rubbermaid container to put the left over pasta in. He always gets two out. One for Kip to take to work and and one for him to snack on when he gets home.

I love this kid.

Although he is quite difficult at times.

And just a side story, real quick. When Tanner was getting ready to start kindergarten and people would ask him if he was ready he would always say "My mommy is going to home school me."

Which I wasn't. And to be honest, it wasn't even a consideration. But don't tell him that.

I waved to him as he boarded the bus and told him see you at 4:00. And I turned away missing him with my whole heart but also breathing a sigh of relief.

Don't tell him that part either.

Back to the pantry.

Sweet middle son, while searching for matching lids is singing...

"I'm coming back to the heart of worship. And it's all about you, Jesus. I'm sorry Lord for the things I'm made of. It's all about you, Jesus."

Oh, that makes me smile all the way down to my toes. "I'm sorry Lord for the things I'm made of." For this quirky middle son, it's so fitting.

I love it that a worship song is something that just spills out of his heart. And honestly, something that sounds like the wrong words is truly quite compelling.

So, as I type out this funny little scene, I sense the Spirit of God urging me to explore the ugly things that I have in my make-up. Pride. Vanity. Anger.

Oh Lord, I too am coming back to the heart of worship. And I am sorry for the things I'm made of.

Thank you Lord for teaching me through my precocious son. And Your Precious Son.