Saturday, September 6, 2008

Maybe she reads my blog?

I just received a phone call inviting me to a celebration rally for Senator McCain and Governor Palin on Monday. I am not kidding.

This morning I woke up way before my family did. Glory. And honestly my heart was so burdened that it would have been impossible to stay in bed another second. I needed to start dialoging with the Lord about some really big issues swirling around me. I have the honor of leading a Women's Bible Study on Wednesday mornings. I have been a part of this group my entire Christian walk. Some of the girls that were there to hold my hand and take baby steps with me are still present in this study. Some have gone out and proclaimed Christ in other areas but they are still my "girls". Now, again to the glory, there is a new group of girls coming on Wednesday's. Some brand new mommies, whom I so dearly love. There are new faces and with that new lives to know. There are struggles that I am familiar with, victories won, battles still being fought. Some are in the fights of their lives and their children's lives. Real life. Hard. As I sat pouring them out this morning to God, I told him how different these were from my first years sitting around a kitchen table. Those days our prayer requests were for potty training and first days of Kindergarten. I am not minimizing those petitions but after the phone calls and e-mails that I have received this week, I would gladly go back to those again in a heart beat.

Okay, back to Governor Palin. Which is the reason for the post. Thanks for hanging in there with me. So, I was online looking up some things for Bible Study and somehow I got to a Lifeway post introducing Beth Moore's new Bible Study. Its about Esther. And the title says something about it hard being a Woman. Then get this.....there was a promo for the video and the setting was...... you will not believe this......the setting was a replica of the Oval Office. (or something presidential!) I am not kidding, girls!

For such a time as this. That's when I heard the Lord's voice whisper "you are the chosen leader for such a time as this." The responsibility I feel for this group humbles me. Quickens my heart. Encourages to approach the Throne Boldly. And I am only a stay-at-home-mom.

Can you imagine the burden Mrs. Palin must carry? Not just the spotlight she has found herself in as of lately but the lasting implication that this nomination holds?

Beth Moore said something in our study on Wednesday that made me stop and intently listen. She was talking about God's covenant promise of love that will last for a 1000 generations. And she said "I think we are still in that 1000 generation." But then I thought, what about our children? Or the next generation after that? Is it soon that the covenant promise will have been fulfilled and the covenant lifted? What then, Lord?

Okay, about the phone call. It was a recorded message. I am pretty sure the entire tri-county area was invited. So, maybe she doesn't read my blog. That's okay. I still like her.

2 comments:

TwoSweetPeas said...

I got my invitation phone call last night!

Chrysanthemama said...

Great post! We just started Beth Moore's "Daniel" study on Wednesday. It is already amazing! I hope "Esther" will be next. :)