Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We did it!

We finished our Summer strong. Although I feel like we did not get everything accomplished like I had anticipated; it was a good summer. A truly great Summer.
June was filled with Summer School, football practices, trips to the gym, and baseball. We "adopted "Taylor's friend who spent almost all of June with us. Another teenage boy in the house didn't change much, except for the groceries. If you read this blog and have little guys around (Sara) please be aware that as they grow their ability to put food away is astounding.
July went by in a complete blur. Baseball still lingered....and lingered. The boys all took turns at each grandparents house. We became regulars at the pool. We missed out on our vacation. (I am not bitter) We are still learning to do this new life. It has been over 2 years since our lives were turned upside down and honestly we are still trying to figure things out. God gave me a great lesson the other day with manna. I will share it here sometime soon.
August sneaked (snuck?) in on us and we were not ready. This Summer has been like living in a safe cocoon with the boys. Like we were able to steal away from the world and huddle together. The demands and "pull" was kept at bay from my first born. We were perfectly content to just hang out together. One night, I just had Taylor and Tucker in the car and Taylor said "mom, I haven't got in trouble all Summer." I asked him how that felt and he said "good. real good."
It really has been good. Really good.
So, tomorrow (yes tomorrow) my boys all head back to school. We have met the teachers, figured out schedules, organized lockers, joined the PTA, bought spirit wear and lunch tickets,(public school is not free) and purchased school clothes and shoes. So, we are ready.
Tomorrow morning our day will begin at 5:50 AM. Our biggest boys will get on the bus at 6:39 and 6:43. Tucker will board the bus and head to school (alone for the first time) at 8:26.
And a moment of silence will fall over our house.
And I will miss my boys.
Praying hard for them to walk with Jesus not only tomorrow but all of their days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an Exciting Day!!! Enjoy that first day of quiet!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I love those moments when you feel like you can steal away as a family and "huddle" together...I'm sure I'll appreciate them even more as my boys grow older.

Have I told you how much I love reading your blog? ;)