Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Watching the Olympics with a princess

We (more like me) are watching every little thing concerning the Olympics.
I am an Olympic freak. I remember watching Mary Lou Retton win a Gold medal in 1984. The next day I tried to mimic her winning vault routine...........in the pool. I remember trying it 1000 times and thinking I was pretty good. Ahhh the innocence of youth.
These games hold a very significant place in my heart. For the first time ever, I have actually walked the streets that hold the Olympic venues.The sights and sounds of this country, I have experienced. A part of our heart is still there.
It's Tatumn's first home. Her birth country. Her very first breath was there. Hunan is quite far from Beijing but I still wonder if maybe somebody connected to her is there.
We have loved watching the athletes compete and WIN Gold medals. I screamed and cheered for the 400 Medley Relay swim team beat the French! Or win bronze, like the USA Men's gymnastic team did last night! Aren't they the cutest boys?
We were watching the swimmers the other night and Tatumn said "Look at the Mermaids in the splash splash. "
I guess this is what you get when you mix together Olympic swimmers in high-tech Speedo suits and an Asian Princess's Favorite Disney movie.

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm lovin' them too and thought of your little tatumn :)