Thursday, January 31, 2008

For this child we prayed



1 Samuel 1:27

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him

We had a very sweet baby dedication at our church on January 20th. It was our Sanctity of Life Sunday;which truly blessed my heart. I was reminded again that Tatumn's birthmother chose life. I am sure it was not an easy decision just because of the situation in China right now and the fact that she did something even harder and walked away on an October morning. We are the ones who God chose to entrust this precious life too. So on Sunday we stood as a family of 6 and promised the Father that we would love her always and teach her about the One who loves her most.
Tatumn wore a green Chinese dress with new black shoes. I only add the new because Tatumn was so excited to be wearing "new" shoes. (when the boys went back to school after their Christmas break, they asked Tatumn if she liked wearing shoes and she told them "I like NEW shoes!") So when our Pastor was complimenting her dress and pigtails, Tatumn was so pleased to tell him she was wearing NEW shoes and asked for a blessing on them as well! She is so totally my girl! The Lord is very specific when He answers our prayers!

No comments: