Saturday, January 19, 2008

Look and See!




For a couple of months now, we have asked Tatumn off and on if she would like to use the potty. She would mostly say no and not show any interest in it but occasionally she would try it out. Her tiny, little hiney made it almost impossible for her to get comfortable enough to even try. I have been meaning to pick her up a potty chair but I would remember as soon as I would drive out of the Target parking lot and was out of the shopping mood to go back.
Well, enter Grandma, who is constantly making a list and on one of her many trips to Wal-Mart she saw on her list a potty seat for Tatumn! Gotta love Grandma's!!!!
Well any time there is something new at our house it is the GREATEST contraption EVER! So, as I was opening the box, the atmosphere was as electric as Christmas morning! Everyone knew it was a potty seat, the box was not wrapped, and it still brought with it great anticipation!
So, after much coaxing and celebrating Tatumn Hope decided to give it a try. Tucker gave her a book to read and that made her very happy. This seat has a lid, so that alone brought a lot of entertainment. Up and Down for about 3 hours. We finally got to take a break when we had to leave and take Taylor to wrestling practice. But as soon as we came back into the living room, she insisted that she sit on it again. I know the living room doesn't seem like a decent place for a potty chair but in all honesty I thought it would be more like a toy for a while.
I WAS WRONG!!!!!!
Tatumn sat her little, tiny, hiney down and was still for about 10 minutes (which brought great relief to my day!) She then stood up , looked down into the little bowl, and proclaimed "Look what is in there!" (She has the sweetest little accent when she talks-it is a cross between a Southern Belle and a Chinese grandmother!
Well, Tatumn made one good deposit, if you get my drift! I was totally shocked! She was totally proud! And the boys, her cheering section was beside themselves! Well after we journeyed back out to pick Taylor up (in a snow Storm!) we tried it again....................and she did it again!
So, much to the relief of my husband and my mother, we have know moved the infamous potty chair to the downstairs bathroom! Every time we have put her on it she has gone. I am not pushing her to go every time right now, a busy schedule right now makes it almost impossible! But I think she is getting the hang of it because last night after dinner she ran into the kitchen and yelled "I need to go potty! Hurry! Hurry! " Add the little accent and it is so dang cute!
Does anyone have any ideas of where I can find tiny, hiney panties? I think I may be in the market for some soon!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sage got dora panties from Santa and was quite excited about them! (fyi, walmart, smallest size is not so small on these asian booties!) Spicy Girl + Potty Training = Lots of FUN!! ;-)