Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year!

Sheesh. That's all I can think of to start off my first post of 2009. SO much drama has swirled around and through this house that I am (almost) speechless.

First of all you know it has been too long of an absence on your blog when you hear this...
"listen, your kids are cute and all but I am so tired of clicking on your blog and seeing "Give Thanks" again and again.

Okay, I know. I am a blogging loser. It's okay; you do not need to make a comment to make me feel better. But leaving a comment would let me know people are still coming here. ;)

Let me explain. I have been sick. The kind of sick that ravages your sinuses, makes your throat feel like there is a fire inside, and fills you with congestion but then after a couple of days of taking the legal limit of Nyquil you fill better sick. Only to our run down your immune system once again.

And then you know rinse and repeat.

Since November.

I know.

I did go to the Dr. on Monday. Wanna know something about that trip.? Sure you do. I haven't been to the Dr. since I had my physical for our dossier for our China adoption paperwork.

2005.

Something funnier....(more funny?) I had a $10.00 credit in my account because I overpaid for that physical in 2005! So, that was a nice little blessing at the check out.

My diagnosis....is still quite unsure but we are leaning toward mono. We would know for sure if I went back on Tuesday for my labs. But seriously, two visits in one week when my record is clearly once every 3 years would have pushed it. Plus the excessively large glands protruding from neck and my extreme fatigue may have been a tell-tell sign. Additionally, my Dr. said there was nothing he could for it because mono is a virus ..."That will be a $30 copay. Thank you." I hate that with my whole being. Yeah duh it's a virus.

So, needless to say December happened and I did my best to get everything in. Although the whole time I never felt like myself and needed to nap like a baby. Honestly, the boys asked Sunday if something was wrong as I lay comatose on the couch ALL day. When I told them I had really felt like this since um..... before Thanksgiving they were appalled!

I guess I am a good faker.

Or my children are self consumed and too selfish to notice that I nearly crashed and burned to deliver a fantastic Christmas.

Because it is the New Year and I have made some resolutions, I will go with the door #1, Bob.

Truthfully, I don't know why I am so sarcastic today. I must be feeling better.

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Sorry to hear you've been so sick!

We're still here, never fear :)

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

just love this post! love it! love the sarcasm... makes me smile! and laugh! I have been toooo crazy busy to blog!!! ugh!!

Shannon said...

Welcome Back to Blogland! It was good to hear from you today. I miss you and so appreciate your support. Sorry you are sick and hope you are feeling better soon. Because I want to see what new background you choose. And most important Sage wants to see some new Tatumn pictures! ;0) Don't forget to email me!!

Lois said...

Hi, I just started blogging this year but have been reading blogs for quite some time. I have enjoyed yours many times and wondered why you were not updating or if I just was out of the circuit. Just prayed for you. Expect God to give you additional strength.
Lois