Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Tucker Chase

Today is my baby boy's 9th birthday. Nine. One full hand and four fingers on the next. 9.
He was born in a snow storm.
I will never forget the ride to the hospital.
Kip decided to take a new route because of the snow......
Interesting.
I also had the flu.
I will never forget that either.
Tucker had RSV and pneumonia twice before his first birthday. We have had some scary moments with his health but God has been so sweet to us in those moments.
We have had some special bonding times late in the night when everyone else was sleeping and he needed a breathing treatment. I will never forget the stillness of that machine running and holding him in my lap.
When the big boys went to school, he was my constant buddy.
And the day he went to kindergarten, my heart hurt more than I thought it would.
The second day of first grade we walked him into his classroom and kissed him goodbye because we were boarding a flight to China at 12:00.. I asked the Lord to let that kiss and hug be enough for the 2 week journey. For both him and me.




I remember seeing him at the airport and thinking he had grown a ton during that 2 week separation. We left him as the baby of our family and came home to him being the big brother.
He's a great big brother to Tatumn. He plays the best with her. he lets her boss him around and will play anything pretend. He is also a fantastic little brother, too. The big boys let him tag along in the woods and challenge his skills on the Wii. He takes their teasing and knows how to dish out his own.

He is a charmer and a pleaser. Every teacher has loved him greatly. His teacher this year started out our parent-teacher conference like this
Teacher "I love your son."
Me " Me, too."
Teacher "That is all I have to say. Really. Nothing else to report."
Me- thinking.....silently to God "Thank you."

Happy Birthday Tucker.

No comments: